The Australian Government has released its long-awaited defence white paper. Entitled Defence is the Best Form of Defence, the white paper emphasises that the government remains committed to a modern, defensible defence force.
Key initiatives in the white paper include:
- The Australian government will purchase 12 new Super Hornet aircraft, featuring cutting-edge technology called Growler. Australia’s existing Super Hornets, which do not growl, will be renamed Good Non-Growling Hornets (or GNGHs).
- The government will also purchase 12 new submarines based on an evolved version of the Collins class (the evolution being that these submarines will hopefully work).
- Female soldiers will take a more active role in combat operations but will be required to wear special khaki netball bibs. Female soldiers who are allowed to shoot will wear either “GS” or “GA”. The best female defence personnel will be identified by the bibs “GD” and “GK”.
- Australia’s foremost defence expert, Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy, is to be regularly consulted on all important decisions.
- Australia will try to hate China less, unless they hate us more first.
Are you a defence expert? What are your recommendations for defending Australia?