Is netball better than rugby league?
With Australia’s win in the Netball World Cup, it sure feels like it.
Although we love our rugby league here at The Tunnel, we thought it was timely to celebrate some of the ways Australia’s national sport (for this week at least) can be a better game.
(And, yes, we know. Comparisons are odious, truth is relative and one sport is not better than another. But that wouldn’t make a very interesting listicle, would it?)
9 ways netball is better than rugby league
1. You don’t have to constantly stop a netball game to check if someone has scored.
2. Netball rules don’t change half way through the season because the media thinks the rules are stupid.
3. Netball coaches are way tougher.
4. The Netball World Cup has players from different nations, not Australian players playing for different nations.
5. Netballers can do a proper scrum.
6. Netball tragics aren’t forced to watch Monday Night Netball, Thursday Night Netball, Friday Night Netball, Super Saturday Netball and Sunday Afternoon Netball.
7. When you watch netball, you don’t have to worry about the North Queensland Cowboys getting robbed again.
8. Australia can beat New Zealand.
9. Paul Gallen doesn’t play netball.
How else is netball better than rugby league? Leave a comment and let us know.
The Tunnel are satire writers from Australia. For more of our stories, click HERE.
You can also subscribe to our blog by email (it’s free!)